February 2, 2009

Public sector versus private sector

After having listen to the news the last few days I feel that I have to voice an opinion and where better than here on my blog? The private sector is bleeding with massive job losses, pay decreases or in better cases pay freezes. On the other hand the public sector has secure jobs and great pensions. I work in the private sector and my household have felt the worsening times. Is it then unrealistic that we feel that it is time that the public workforce share the burden? If you listen to some of the trade union official, it seems so. I can`t understand where they are living? Tomorrow is D-day. The day that we will know who won the talks. Somehow I doubt that it will be the government, and that will be a sad day for many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment